Recipe from My California Roots: Click Here
**Instead of using Dark Brown Sugar I used White Sugar**
- 1 Tbsp ground flax + 3 Tbsp water
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks (butter)*
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar ( I substituted White Sugar for the brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unsweetened non-diary milk
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips*
- Heat the oven to 350F. Place a piece of parchment over a baking sheet, or lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Combine the flax seed and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the room-temperature butter in another bowl. Add the white sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the flax mixture and vanilla to the butter mix, and whisk well until combined.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mixture and stir together with a rubber spatula or wood spoon just until combined – do not overmix.
- Add the Unsweetened Non-Diary Milk to the mixture and combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently fold into the batter.
- Drop by the heaping tablespoon onto the baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until just barely beginning to brown on the bottom. They will look underdone on top. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and let cool 10 minutes before enjoying.